Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weekend bliss..

Woke up to an amazing Saturday today.. having the whole day to myself was such a high!

Some thoughts....


  • Having a goal at the end of the day helps to organize my time. For example, today's goal was to complete my lineup of chores and then sit back and read, before going out for the evening. And for a strange reason I was in one of my most uplifted moods today. If I had absolutely nothing lined up for the day, the ad-hoc-ness doesn't motivate me as such. I guess I have an affinity for organization.


  • Having vivid and slightly weird dreams is a blessing in disguise. This is if you are someone like me who wants 27 hours in a day and doesn't like to waste time in sleep. So these dreams work like a charm in not only jolting you up but ALSO making sure you cant go back to sleep even if you tried and twisted around in bed!


  • I recently found out about Lumosity - a set of training exercises for your brain, that target different qualities e.g. memory, flexibility, problem solving, speed etc via different games. I have been playing those games regularly each morning now and the upward rising graph of my BPI 'brain performance index' as they term it, gives a kick as great as coffee :) I'm hooked!


  • I haven't been stellar at navigational skills - getting lost in my car even within familiar territory was not unusual. But a part of flight training demands mastering these skills, and as I near solo-ing, my instructor wants to make sure I can orient myself using the charts like reading the back of my hand. Working towards it is rewarding, and especially when my late grandfather used to a navigator in the aviation industry. Wherever he is looking upon me from the heavens, I'm sure he'll be proud :)



  • I am beginning to HATE the pop that plays on radio. The lyrics are retarded and the repetitive nature of the beats does little to pep me up as I start driving and get into my 'zone'. Thanks to a few rock music fans as friends, I am loving the likes of Pink Floyd and Metallica again. Now THAT's part of music that is genius composition! Here's "Silent Lucidity" (unplugged) by 'Queensryche' that recently Pandora introduced me to.


    • Coming to some pensive thoughts.. I realized that when you conduct yourself day-in, day-out, what is it that makes your day good or bad? It is not the events or other people, but rather 'your' demeanor, or put simply, your mood. Being happy goes a long way in creating success in your work and it is highly contagious. Being happy should not be a 'choice' but rather a practice you weave into your attitude. It does not mean you put up a pretense.. but start with noticing small, simple things that bring you a smile and ultimately, your mind will find lasting peace..
    Takeaway I wish to leave you with is - find what really inspires you and don't hesitate to maintain your eccentricities :) One of mine is to have disjoint thoughts like the above and trying to attach greater meaning to it all :P

    1 comment:

    1. Some nice thoughts there. Having a list of things that make you happy would probably be really handy, I think ill make one for myself.

      If you liked the Queensryche song, try "Lightning Crashes" by Live

      And thanks for introducing me to Lumosity, very cool!

      ReplyDelete