Monday, March 19, 2012

Its surreal ..


Like any other day, I stepped out in the morning to get into my car and drive to work. There was a light wind blowing, but strong enough to ruffle the delicate white spring blossoms on the trees. And the petals blew in the soft wind strokes and landed on the windshield of my car :-)

It was surreal and beautiful as I admired the small, white petals resting ephemerally on the glass, before being lifted off by another stroke. Like a painter making brush strokes of white across a big canvas.. like an orchestra conductor composing a symphony with the movements of his arms. And the white petals lined the pavement as I drove by...

Take a moment to stop and stare at the small things around us.. I promise you'll begin your day like me..with a wide admiring smile!

P.S. I dint click this picture myself, but surely searched a bit, optimizing my search strings, to bring you an image as close to how it was.
(Picture courtesy Thanny Young via Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/thanny/3416345459/)

3 comments:

  1. I shall take that as you like the P.S. "as well" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to stand on Central Expressway on a cold, dark, drizzly morning and capture just how beautiful that drive is before sunrise! 'Course there's nowhere to park my car, but one can always hope.

    ReplyDelete